Access Statement for Knapps Farm Bed & Breakfast
Knapps Farm is located 3 miles outside Shepton Mallet between the villages of Doulting and Stoke St Michael and offers two guest rooms: one twin / queen double room with its own private en-suite bathroom and a further double bedroom with its own private en-suite shower room.
The Farm house dates back to 1825 and was extended back in 2001. In 2008 the kitchen was completely re-newed with hand made units from a local crafts man, In 2010 the conservatory has been re-newed by a local company, and rooms have been redecorated. Whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some period features of the house which might make access difficult with limited mobility.
We are situated in a very picturesque area with outstanding views towards Bath. We have had an acre course fishing lake built back in 2009 which has carp in and our own breed ducks on. We have many visits from Canadian geese who land on the lake to rest and graze, back last year we counted over 140 that had landed at one time. In the last 3 years we have kept and breed Alpacas, I was looking to start off with 3 gelded males and now have increased the herd to 21.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01749880022 or email email@example.com
Car Parking and Arrival
- We are located between the village of Doulting and Stoke St Michael, On the A37 between Shepton Mallet and Gurney Slade take the right hand turn which is The Old Frome Road, the Wagon and Horses Pub will be on your left, turn left on the lane that runs along side the Pub and we are the first house on the right.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the location and contact section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info. Simply enter your post code and ours, which is BA4 4LA to get directions.
- The nearest shop is a village stop shop in the village of Stoke St Michael approximately 1.5 miles away.
- There is a public house within walking distance of 5 mins just up the road called the Wagon and Horses.
- Taxis can be booked using a local company that we would be more than happy to book for you.
- We have a large private drive with quests parking area at the side of the house which is situated just as you approach the house, this is signed “quests parking”
- Access to our property is gained through a gate way signed “entrance” this area is to the right of where you would be parking, along the raised stone garden with front door under porch.
- Guests are welcomed in the Hallway, which is level throughout where they are asked to register.
- The area is well lit with overhead lighting
- Assistance can be given with luggage to rooms
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets
- Our guest rooms are accessed by means of carpeted stairs with steps going round to the right. There is a hand rail on one side.
- Bedroom 1 is located round to the right when at the top of the stairs, and Bedroom 2 is located round to the left at the top of the stairs.
- Bedroom 1 has a number 1 on the door with a plaque saying ‘Wool Down’
- Bedroom 2 has a number 2 on the door with a plaque saying ‘Lake View’
- Both bedrooms have locks on doors with their own keys saying room name and also has a front door key.
- Our beds are made up with hollowfibre duvets and pillows with throws and blankets in rooms.
- There is a seat, bedside table, bedside lamp, wardrobe, chest of drawers, tea/coffee making facilities, bottled water, fruit, torch, alarm clock and hairdryer provided in each room.
- Flat screen Freeview digital TV with subtitles available in each room
- Bedroom 1 – (Wool Down) has a double bed, with access from both sides and is adjacent to the private en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 2 – (Lake View) has either 2 single beds or 1 queen double bed, with access from both sides and has a private en-suite bathroom.
Public Area – Halls, Stairs and Landings
- The bathroom adjacent to bedroom 2 has a toilet with wash hand basin.
- Roll top bath incorporating a hand held shower fixture
- The shower room adjacent to bedroom 1 has a toilet with wash hand basin.
- Shower cubicle with sliding/folding door.
- Both en-suites have toiletries and towels.
- All public areas, hall, stairs, and landings are well lit using a combination of ceiling and table-lamps
- The hallway/entrance is oak flooring with stencil workings.
- There are 2 steps into the breakfast room.
- There is a right hand angle flight of stairs which takes you to the Bedrooms. The stairs have recently been re-carpeted.
- The house is fully centrally heated throughout with Radiators in each room and bathrooms but temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
- There are smoke alarms in the entrance, upstairs landing and in each bedroom.
- The Conservatory is situated through 2 doors just off the Breakfast room. This was built in 2010 and has leather seating with large coffee table and tall standing lights.
- There is a unisex downstairs toilet with hand basin, which is available to quests during their stay.
- The toilet is located in the entrance hallway, straight in front of you when you come through the front door, or on the right when you leave the breakfast room. This has a sign saying ‘Toilet’.
- The breakfast room is situated off the hallway on the ground floor, with 2 steps going up into the room.
- The floor is solid flagstones
- There is 2 doors that lead into the Conservatory
- Log burner
- There is seating for 8 people at a solid oak table with co-coordinating chairs, hand made by the same company that made the kitchen.
- There is a co-coordinating oak cabinet which is where quests can help themselves to cereal, fruits, yoghurts, juices etc.
- House Land Line Number 01749880022
- Tracey Mead mobile number 07974652637
- Andy Mead mobile number 07815796771
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address – Knapps Farm, Beacon, Doulting, Nr Shepton Mallet, Somerset. BA4 4LA